Ms. Trout is an attorney, mediator, arbitrator, as well as an experienced trainer, facilitator of conflict management, negotiation, mediation, transformative mediation, ENE (e.g, early neutral evaluation), fact finding and investigation.
She is also experienced in other alternative dispute resolution processes, (including but not limited to experience in Workplace/EEOC disputes, Workers’ Compensation matters, Contractual, Organizational Conflicts, Relationship and Civil disputes, as well as Family, Divorce, Custody & Visitation disputes).
As an Instructor and Adjunct Professor at DeVry University and the Keller Graduate School of Management, Ms. Trout teaches both Graduate and Undergraduate students primarily in the following subjects:
- Business Law;
- Business Policy;
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Theory & Practice;
- Managing Conflict in the Workplace;
- Negotiation Skills;
- Managing Organizational Change (Reengineering);
- Principles of Ethics;
- Historical & Political Issues;
- Legal, Ethical & Political Dimensions of Business;
- Culture, Society & Communication;
- Critical Thinking.
Ms. Trout is certified in transformative mediation via the Institute for the Study of Conflict transformation (ISCT). Her skills and expertise have been embraced by the private sector, public sector and government agencies. In addition to providing mediation services to families and businesses, Ms. Trout also provides mediation services, regionaly, to:
- United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC);
- United States Department of Homeland Security; e.g., Transportation Security Administration (TSA),
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Federal Air Marshall (FAM);
- United States Postal Service (USPS);
- United States Department of Energy (DOE);
- United States Department of Justice (DOJ);
- The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA);
- Key Bridge Foundation;
- Nationwide Insurance Company;
- Raytheon Corporation;
- DeMars & Associates,
- RPB Associates
- Construction Dispute Resolution Services, LLC (CDRS).
- In addition to mediating cases for the USPS, Ms. Trout also served as a trainer and coach for the USPS during its REDRESS training program.
Formerly the treasurer and president-elect of the Academy of Family Mediators (AFM), Ms. Trout also served on the national Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR). She also served as former president of ACR’s Family Section and past chapter president of ACR’s Los Angeles, California Chapter. While serving on ACR’s Board of Directors,
Ms. Trout also held the officer positions of secretary and treasurer, respectively. Ms. Trout currently serves on ACR’s Finance, Human Resources, Diversity & Equity, Standards, Strategic Planning, Ethics and Certification Committees.
Ms. Trout has also presented nationally at the international conferences of the Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR) in Toronto in 2001; the Family Section Conferences of ACR in 2002 and 2003 (Georgia and Colorado; respectively); the national conference for ACR in Florida in 2003 (and served as conference co-chair); the Institute for the Study of Conflict Transformation at South Texas College of Law in 2004; and the National Conference of Minority Professionals in Alternative Dispute Resolution at Capital University Law School in Ohio in 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 and 2007, respectively.
Ms. Trout continues to provide ADR services, presents instructional information to and assists ACR in its annual conferences.
Certification / Licenses
- Supreme Court of Ohio, 1987
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1989
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1992
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1992
- United States Claims Court, 1992
- United States Tax Court, 1992
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 1992
- Certification in Transformative Mediation, 2005
- Mediator Certification, Transportation Security Administration, 2011
- Certified Online Mediator – Mediate.com, 2020
Be the first to leave a review.